Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm thinking it's sprung

So I'm sitting in a Starbucks considering the Spring (cue Mattress Discounters commercial) since it can no longer be reasonably denied that Spring is what is going on right now on this 74 degree fair and cloudless day
Walking here, all the signs of it are evident. All both of the strategically placed trees are in bloom, maintenance men have been working at half speeds to put flowers around the bases of said trees and in the planters along the way, the pigeons are back in full stride (albeit slightly slimmer), and all around are the melodious sounds of contruction. There really is no better place in the world than Pittsburgh in nicer climes (except perhaps anywhere else).
It may be why everyone is so much more pleasant today too. On my way to Starbucks, I watched a man successfully pick up 2 ladies with the aid of a small Yorkie pup and I feel certain that it would not have gone nealy so well had it been 23 degrees and snowy.
Of course, the Starbucks barista in me has known it was Spring for reals for about 2 weeks now. About this time every year my Frappuccino elbow starts playing up, and mine's been aching lately. Then again, without that I would have absolutely no idea how to navigate the complex labyrinth that is Starbucks/ATT WiFi in order to log on and blog about Spring. So, score, I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment